Fair Trade Community Competition
GLOSSOPDALE FAIRTRADE CAMPAIGN FAIRTRADE FORTNIGHT 27th FEBRUARY to 12th MARCH
To mark this year’s Fairtrade Fortnight, Glossopdale Fairtrade Group is holding a competition for children of Primary School age.
We would like the children to design a poster advertising just one Fairtrade product – you could choose from: tea, cocoa/chocolate, coffee, cotton, bananas, footballs, gold.
• You might like to illustrate your product growing or being made, or draw pictures of the farmers or producers.
• You can give any information about where your product is produced.
• You can illustrate your poster with the finished products we can buy in our shops.
• You could include information about how the Fairtrade Foundation is helping farmers deal with the effects of climate change.
• You can use computer images to illustrate your poster.
These are just some suggestions to get you thinking, but please include a slogan which encourages people to buy your Fairtrade product. Please also include the Fairtrade logo on your poster. Information about Fairtrade can be found at www.fairtrade.org.uk
Children should write their name, age, school or organisation they belong to in pencil on the back of their poster.
The closing date is Friday 10th March. Entries will be collected from schools and organisations after the closing date.
Winning entries will be displayed in Glossop Library from 18th March to 31st March. Prizes will be awarded at a short ceremony during our Fairtrade Coffee Morning at Central Methodist Church in Glossop on Saturday 1st April.
Prize winners will receive a personal invitation to the Prize-giving.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information. Chris Nudds Tel: 01457 856718 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org