Extreme Weather Update/Guidelines
To ensure everyone is kept as safe as possible over the next few days, we will be putting in place the following actions and guidelines:
- Relaxed uniform/dress policy for staff and children. Everyone encouraged to wear lightweight and loose-fitting clothes. Children may wear shorts and t-shirt, ideally school PE kit. No football tops please.
- Reminder for children to wear sunscreen and bring a hat to school. Staff to ensure hats are worn outside.
- Ensure all children have access to water, keeping water bottles with them on desks. Those without bottles will be provided with cups. All children will be regularly reminded to drink.
- Restricted outdoor play times and children encouraged to avoid rigorous activity (e.g., football/running around). Instead, they can take books or other calm activities outside to sit in the shade.
- No rigorous PE lessons.
- Forest schools is in a shady environment but rigorous activity should be avoided, children should wear hats/sunscreen, and lightweight, loose-fitting clothes (whilst allowing for forest safety e.g., long sleeve light top and leggings/long trousers), and should take water outside at all times. Children can bring shorts and T-shirts to change into before and after session.
- Teachers will make decisions through the day about working in classrooms and moving outdoors to a shady spot.
- SLT will continually monitor the situation and make appropriate decisions/changes to these guidelines.
- Parents must ensure that we have up-to-date contact details so that they can receive information and updates.